Friday, September 3, 2010

Whiteboard from Hell

I wanted to stay organized in college, so I purchased a small whiteboard on which to write down incomplete tasks, upcoming activities, and the like. Since I have arrived, I have attempted, repeatedly, to affix the plastic slab to the wall above my desk. It has been said that "if, at first, you don't succeed, try, try, again." My experience has been kind of like that, only with a whole lot more repetitions of "try" squeezed in there.

The board came with four adhesive squares, sticky on both sides once the protective waxy paper was peeled off. They are currently stuck to my wall quite effectively...but the whiteboard won't stick to the other side.

I've tried masking tape. Duct tape. No tape. Lots of tape. Poster tack. Poster tack stuck to the square adhesives. Tape stuck to the adhesives. And - oh, there we go. As I'm writing, the damn thing fell off the wall again.

A loud clatter in the middle of the night? The whiteboard. Stuck, sometimes, halfway down the crack behind the desk. It's also a magnetic board, so of course everything stuck to it goes flying in all directions.

But fear not, readers. I think I've finally solved the problem:

The crossed-out task reads: FIX WHITEBOARD. Go duct tape!
I think it has a very college-style feel to it.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite Blog day so far - I laughed out loud for quite awhile!
    ♥u - Mom

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Add to the conversation!